I’ve been really enjoying the process of studying the Tree of Life and gaining further understanding of the roles and attitudes of the 10 Sephirot. I’m telling you, nothing has helped me understand myself and the nature of Life and humanity like the Tales Tarot Tell and the rich gnosis found in the Kabbalistic Tree of Life!
So here is a rundown of the deeper understanding I’ve been gaining lately. Hope it might be of some help to you in your journey! 🙂
- 1 is the Pureness of the Element or Knowledge.
- Since it is the Source, it is the reverse and opposite of the funnels found in 6 and 9.
- 2 has 2 Faces= receiving the purity of the Element (from beyond the conscious/unconscious mind) and sharing that purity with the rest of the Sephirot… Without any further thought or deductive reasoning on the matter! It is the furtherance of an idea that is inspired or taught; Nothing extra added.
Binah is ‘intuitive understanding’, or ‘contemplation’…On a psychological level, Binah is “processed wisdom,” also known as deductive reasoning. It is davar mitoch davar—understanding one idea from another idea. While Chockmah is intellect that does not emanate from the rational process (it is either inspired or taught), Binah is the rational process that is innate in the person which works to develop an idea fully. (Source)
- 4 & 5:
Chesed and Gevurah act together to create an inner balance in the soul’s approach to the outside world. While the “right arm” of Chesed operates to draw others near [think, Mercy and Lovingkindness], the “left arm” of Gevurah reserves the option of repelling those deemed undeserving [think Judgment]. (Source)
- The Ethical Triangle is the triangle of Intention.
Hod (8) is explained as an analogy – that instead of “conquering” an obstacle in one’s way, (which is the idea of Netzach ), subduing oneself to that “obstacle” is related to the quality of Hod. (Source)
- Hod is considered “prayer”; Netzach is considered “fortitude,” “long suffering,” or “endurance”…
- The Astral Triangle is the triangle of Action.
6 and 9 are both filters and balancers for their respective triangles…
6 receives all from the prior journey and passes it down to 9…
9 then receives all from prior journey and filters and passes it on to the Physical Form of Reality (10), creating the RESULT