The ninth sephirot represents Self Reflection; it’s a sort of spiritual funnel that gathers all that came before it, from the top of the Tree of Life, and assembles it into what will become Reality in the tenth sephirot below it.
In the realm of Earth (or, Material Reality), 9 symbolizes a reflection upon the harvest that was recently gathered–looking upon all that has been sown and consequently gained.
It’s a celebration of the journey to this point, and a wonderful reminder to practice gratitude for all that we have.
Judgment crosses sephirots 8 to 10.
It moves us from a sense of willing submission to the absolute completion of a new Reality, built upon what has come before.
It is the essence of being taken forward to some Ultimate Conclusion, without our say in the matter. Still, the sephirot 8 implies a purposeful Action to submit on our part;
it is this purposeful action of Submission (8) that is our say.
Both Judgement and the Moon lead to the same place (10: a conclusion of cumulative Reality). But they bypass the filter of 9, so they arrive on different sides of the same Reality.
Sometimes we welcome this emotionally, sometimes we fight against it, although it is our Action of Submitting (8) ourselves to another that allows it. The Ultimate Reality awaiting us at 10 is still where we are being taken.
Likewise, 8 to 10 is a mirror reflection of 1 to 3 (The Magician)…
The Magician takes the pure inspiration he’s been given and applies deductive reasoning… he amplifies and magnifies this knowledge to where he can reconstruct it and use it for his own purposes.
With Judgment, we hold back, Submit to circumstance and observe Reality unfold on its own.
Adaptation and growth are all around me now. I must look inward and trust my subconscious, don’t look to the past for answers, and remain in the present.
The #Shadow of the 9 of #Wands: You’re refusing to look back and #consider all that has come before in order to #finish the “race”. Either you’re moving ahead without considering what brought you here, or you’re #resisting the final stage of wholeness, #fearful of what may come… #strength #minorarcana #tarot #thoughtfortheday
When the #king of #swords appears, it is a sign of #ambition #ruling over #thought. Your #fire blazes and is fed by the #Air of your #mind. But be careful not to let your fire consume all the air around you or your ambition will starve itself…
#tarot #courtcards #thoughtfortheday
Self: Reversed Air (Thought) &Fire (Ambition)
- Thought feeds Ambition
- But when Reversed… Fire is either fed to the point of losing control, OR Air blows so hard that the Fire cannot be sustained
Situation: Virtue – a deductive understanding of your Ambitions
Advice: Reversed Strength
- (The bridge between the extremes of INTENT is broken; you cannot rely on your Intentions because they are currently at odds with each other. Patience is what is required now.)
Based on the Advice for today (placed in the Unconscious Triangle), I believe that it is my Thoughts that are blowing out my Fire. I need to be aware of that and employ Patience instead of wrestling to get my opposite Intentions to Unite at this moment.
Lately I’ve been really into playing regular old Solitaire on my phone to take a mental break here and there throughout the day. I started thinking about why I love it so much, especially lately as I’ve been practicing my own Mindful Acceptance.
Some valuable lessons solitaire can teach us include:
- There’s only so much you can control
- A large part of solitaire is dependent on Chance, the “luck of the draw”
- Another part is based on the constant decisions a player makes
- The player’s decision, of course, directly affects the game, but only in varying degrees at different times, combined with what cards they currently have available to them
- If they don’t take any “do-overs” the player must live with each choice they’ve made and continue forward to make the best of what they have now, even if it’s not exactly the result they wanted
- The player can constantly learn and improve by experimenting and making different choices in the future
- Sometimes the player must observe the playing field carefully to see if they’ve missed anything that might help them
- If the player’s not careful, they might miss a great opportunity to further the game
- The player can’t assume they already know how things will turn out, nor can they simply give up when all seems lost
- In short, they must accept the hand they’ve been dealt and navigate decisions to work best with whatever they have in front of them.
What other lessons do you take from everyday experiences around you?
Lately I’ve really been focusing on meditation (both with my tarot deck and by simply sitting down to close my eyes and meditate) as a means to tap into my Observer.
Physically I haven’t been feeling the greatest lately. But I’ve been exercising my inner Observer by simply acknowledging my feelings and the emotions I experience, hour by hour, each day. I’m practicing separating myself from the physical sensations I encounter, simply acknowledging my various parts of myself. And I had a personal revelation today when doing so…
Growing up, I was taught to believe that being physically ill and mentally troubled was a bad thing — and that it was my fault. (Thanks, Word of Faith, for that…) These things were absolutely curable and if I wasn’t cured, it was because I was either lacking in faith or in enough church donations.
And, today, when I simply acknowledged my feelings, I felt first a surge of those old thoughts– and I suddenly realized how deeply ingrained they are in me. The things we grow up with tend to be so deeply embedded within us that we don’t even realize they’re there! And, for me in this instance, that tension of feeling ill or bad only reinforced the physical sensations– and it becomes a feedback loop.
The good news is, now that I’m aware of these things, I’m better able to embrace, acknowledge, and love myself even more than before.
Simple acknowledgement and acceptance of ourselves, even those things that are hidden, is what it’s all about. What are you acknowledging about yourself today?
The Knight is of the Air Element (Thought); the Coins are of the Earth (Material Reality). Earth will be reshaped by Air, but only very slowly… The simple message of this Knight is:
Trust the Journey
…even if it’s a slow, arduous climb. The Journey is sometimes worth more than the Destination.