I grew up in a world that could not possibly be understood, a world where the laws of Cause and Effect could not be trusted for the meddling of either God or the Devil.
I was told that I had the power (through “confession”–speaking Scripture to a problem–and Tongues-speaking, the laying on of hands, anointing with oil, etc. But it rarely worked like it was supposed to, so all I took away from the experience was that I could never be sure of anything–and that my actions never really mattered.
Being set aright today is the Reversed 6 of Discs (Success): my scales are out of balance to the point I’m not seeming to reap what I sowed. It’s good to know that it’s being worked out…
In fact we always reap what we sow; we often just don’t make the connection between what we thought and what we see.
My mindset had never really understood Earthly balance and Cause & Effect. There was always a “biblical excuse” for everything that happened in my life. And now I’m in the process of rethinking my whole relationship with Reality. That everything I do does indeed matter.
All my surroundings react to what I do or decide, and vice-versa. I’m learning this is actually really good news.
Judgment crosses sephirots 8 to 10.
It moves us from a sense of willing submission to the absolute completion of a new Reality, built upon what has come before.
It is the essence of being taken forward to some Ultimate Conclusion, without our say in the matter. Still, the sephirot 8 implies a purposeful Action to submit on our part;
it is this purposeful action of Submission (8) that is our say.
Both Judgement and the Moon lead to the same place (10: a conclusion of cumulative Reality). But they bypass the filter of 9, so they arrive on different sides of the same Reality.
Sometimes we welcome this emotionally, sometimes we fight against it, although it is our Action of Submitting (8) ourselves to another that allows it. The Ultimate Reality awaiting us at 10 is still where we are being taken.
Likewise, 8 to 10 is a mirror reflection of 1 to 3 (The Magician)…
The Magician takes the pure inspiration he’s been given and applies deductive reasoning… he amplifies and magnifies this knowledge to where he can reconstruct it and use it for his own purposes.
With Judgment, we hold back, Submit to circumstance and observe Reality unfold on its own.
Lately I’ve been really into playing regular old Solitaire on my phone to take a mental break here and there throughout the day. I started thinking about why I love it so much, especially lately as I’ve been practicing my own Mindful Acceptance.
Some valuable lessons solitaire can teach us include:
- There’s only so much you can control
- A large part of solitaire is dependent on Chance, the “luck of the draw”
- Another part is based on the constant decisions a player makes
- The player’s decision, of course, directly affects the game, but only in varying degrees at different times, combined with what cards they currently have available to them
- If they don’t take any “do-overs” the player must live with each choice they’ve made and continue forward to make the best of what they have now, even if it’s not exactly the result they wanted
- The player can constantly learn and improve by experimenting and making different choices in the future
- Sometimes the player must observe the playing field carefully to see if they’ve missed anything that might help them
- If the player’s not careful, they might miss a great opportunity to further the game
- The player can’t assume they already know how things will turn out, nor can they simply give up when all seems lost
- In short, they must accept the hand they’ve been dealt and navigate decisions to work best with whatever they have in front of them.
What other lessons do you take from everyday experiences around you?
The Knight is of the Air Element (Thought); the Coins are of the Earth (Material Reality). Earth will be reshaped by Air, but only very slowly… The simple message of this Knight is:
Trust the Journey
…even if it’s a slow, arduous climb. The Journey is sometimes worth more than the Destination.
Enjoy this awesome video of Michio Kaku discussing what’s next for our universal understanding post-Higgs boson!
Mind = sufficiently blown! 😉