The #Shadow of the 9 of #Wands: You’re refusing to look back and #consider all that has come before in order to #finish the “race”. Either you’re moving ahead without considering what brought you here, or you’re #resisting the final stage of wholeness, #fearful of what may come… #strength #minorarcana #tarot #thoughtfortheday
I wanted to share an inspiring Tarot Tale I received today…
At this moment in my life I’m going through a lot of mental turmoil, for various reasons, a lot of it medical… but there is a light on the horizon. 😉
My cards today reminded me of the nature of Thought and suggested an alternative approach. I used the 5-card spiritual progress spread…
- Where I am right now: Cruelty (9 of Swords)
- My central lesson: Defeat (5 of Swords)
- Influences encouraging growth: King of Earth
- Influences against growth: Truce (4 of Swords)
- What I should do: Virtue (3 of Wands)
So right now I seem to be stuck in constant self-reflection on my own Thoughts. (Which is definitely true.) :p There needs to be new inspiration (sometimes from outside myself) breathed into my mind to free me from the never-ending cycle. Thus, the need for mental Defeat.
This 5 of Swords can mean Defeat of the querent by others (or themselves), or the querent is perhaps poised to defeat others… either way it’s a mental defeat of ideas and thoughts–a loss of Ideals–and it friends on the context of the spread.
For me, it’s definitely speaking to a need to lose my own current ideals. Therefore, Truce among my own thoughts is not going to help me grow past this.
Notice what is supposed to help me grow, however: allowing my Fire of ambition to feed upon and reshape my physical Reality (King of Pentacles), being careful of course not to utterly destroy my surroundings with too much flame…
And then we come to “what I should do”: Virtue. Recall that Binah is the growth of deductive reasoning about an element to the point that we are able to construct a framework of understanding upon which we further build that element’s journey. So the recommendation here is to focus on my Ambition (my Fire) to the point that I’m able to interrupt my current state of mind with a newly built framework of values, based on my ambition. This offers a way to break my cycle of self-cruelty in thinking.
As often happens, a “bad” card isn’t necessarily a bad thing for us, but instead can clear the way for us to move forward. 🙂
1. The first flame of an idea;
2. The power and energy or Fire (using it to move forward);
3. “Virtue”– the Fire understands it’s purpose;
4. “Completion”– the Fire is established and ruling over its realms. It is content to remain working within what it has conquered…for now…
5. Fire is eager to burn down its borders that had established it and devour more around it– this is “Strife”, and the flames engulf any who are in its way;
6. “Victory”– in the paradise of Harmony and Consciousness, the Fire gains Victory over itself, others, and its own nature. It is settled once again and proud, for now…